Causatives have and get



We use a causative verb when we want to talk about something that someone else did for us or for another person. Maybe they paid, or asked, or persuaded the other person to do it.
 For example, we can say:

Usamos un verbo causativo cuando queremos hablar sobre algo que otra persona hizo por nosotros o por otra persona. Tal vez pagaron, preguntaron o persuadieron a la otra persona para que lo hiciera.
Por ejemplo, podemos decir:
I cleaned my house. (This means I cleaned it myself).
Limpié mi casa. (Esto significa que lo limpié yo mismo).
If I paid someone to clean it, of course I can say:
Si pagué a alguien para que lo limpie, por supuesto puedo decir:
A cleaner cleaned my house.
Un limpiador limpió mi casa.

Have + object + past participle (have something done)

We usually use 'have something done' when we are talking about paying someone to do something for us.
It's often used for services. The form is 'subject + have + object + past participle'.

Usualmente usamos 'tener algo hecho' cuando estamos hablando de pagarle a alguien para que haga algo por nosotros.
 A menudo se usa para servicios. La forma es 'sujeto + tener + objeto + participio pasado'.

I had my car washed.
Me lavaron el auto.
John will have his house painted.
A John le pintarán su casa.

Get + object + past participle (get something done)

We can also use 'subject + get + object + past participle'. This has the same meaning as 'have', but is less formal.

También podemos usar “subject + get + object + participio pasado”.

The students get their essays checked.
Los estudiantes verifican sus ensayos.
I'll get my hair cut next week.
Me cortaré el pelo la próxima semana.
He got his washing machine fixed.
Se arregló su lavadora.






Comentarios

Entradas más populares de este blog

Was/were going to and was/were supposed to

SEPARABLE AND NON-SEPARABLE PHRASAL VERBS

SENSE, SENSITIVE AND SENSIBLE