Should /Shouldn’t have


Should /Shouldn’t have
Function:

Express regret about things that people did or didn’t do in the past. 

Form:

Should have +past participle
 ü  He should have paid for the CDS.
 ü  They should have told the police.
Shouldn´t have+ past participle
 ü  She shouldn’t have driven so fast.


Examples:

 ü  I shouldn't worry if I were you. You have worked really hard.
 ü  I don't think you should go out so much.
Exescise:

Chose should or shouldn't.

    1. You  be so selfish. 
    2. I don't think you  smoke so much. 
    3. You  exercise more. 
    4. I think you  try to speak to her. 
    5. You are overweight. You  go on a diet. 
    6. Where  we park our car? 
    7. You  never speak to your mother like this. 
    8. The kids  spend so much time in front of the TV. 
    9.  I tell her the truth or should I say nothing?   
     10. I think we  reserve our holiday in advance. 

Comentarios

Entradas más populares de este blog

Was/were going to and was/were supposed to

SEPARABLE AND NON-SEPARABLE PHRASAL VERBS

SENSE, SENSITIVE AND SENSIBLE